Quick Guide for the Emergency Angel Watch
- SIM card slot (please do not remove)
- ON/OFF button. You will not be able to switch the device OFF once on. If the device ran completely out of battery power then use this to switch it ON.
- Signal strength. E is the data network which is GPRS.
- Step counter, this will reset midnight.
- GPS Accuracy***
- Battery indicator will show empty when you are at 20% battery power left. This is a good time to charge your device but it will last for a few hours after reaching this level.
- Date and Time is set by our servers and will always be accurate.
- This will open your address book, to cycle through the address book press button 10.
- This is the most important button. When you press and hold the silver crown for a few seconds you will hear a beep and the message PANIC SENT will be shown on the screen. You only need to press this once, it will take a minute or two for the signal to be transmitted to our servers.
- Cycle through the address book after pressing button 8.
- Speaker to communicate to your caller or our control room. After pressing button 9 our control room will contact you and speak to you through this speaker.
- Satellite: When you are outside of a building then a satellite icon will show. This is the most accurate option since WiFi and Cell tower uses a triangulation technology to best estimate your location.
- WiFi: When you are inside a building and there are WiFi routers, it will use the ID of the routers to identify the most accurate location. Depending on the amount of WiFi routers your location accuracy may vary.
- Cell tower: When you are inside a structure and there is no WiFi then the device will use Cell towers to determine your location, this is the least accurate method and can be at least 2 km from your actual location.
- Charge your Watch for few hours by attaching the magnetic charger to the back of the watch. You will notice it just snaps on.
- Press and hold the bottom-left button until the Emergency Angel logo appears.
- Wait for about 1 minute until an E shows on the screen and your signal strength. Your device will now be linked to the Emergency Angel network.
- Press the top-right button to open your address book and press the bottom-right button to cycle through your contacts.
- Press and hold the silver crown until the watch vibrates and a "PANIC SENT" message appears on the screen.
- You will be phoned on the device in a few minutes.
- The emergency contacts you specified will also get an SMS, please note the duration is dependent on the signal strength of your device and the emergency contact's device.
- Test your device often.
- Your GPS accuracy will be best outdoors. Test your device outdoors for the first time, the system will record your last GPS location.