Quick Guide for the Emergency Angel Pendant
- Multi-function button Panic and ON/OFF. If you press and hold it while the device is off it will turn it ON. You will hear a distinct "Hello" voice when pressing the button. When your device is ON then use this as the Panic button, press and hold for 3 seconds until you hear 3 beeps. You only need to press the panic once until you hear the 3 beeps.
- Magnetic charger surface. Just use your cable to clip it on to charge.
- SIM card slot (please do not remove)
- Output speaker.
- Speaker to communicate to your caller or our control room. After pressing button 1 our control room will contact you and speak to you through this speaker
- LED lights. Red indicates no connection. When you first switch on the device it will take a few minutes to turn from RED to GREEN. Green and Blue indicates a connection. Flashing Red indicates charging.
- Keyring / Lanyard hole.
- Satellite: When you are outside of a structure then you will be connected to a satellite. This is the most accurate option since WiFi and Cell tower uses a triangulation technology to best estimate your location.
- WiFi: When you are inside a structure and there are WiFi routers, it will use the ID of the routers to identify the most accurate location. Depending on the amount of WiFi routers your location accuracy may vary.
- Cell tower: When you are inside a structure and there is no WiFi then the device will use Cell towers to determine your location, this is the least accurate method and can be at least 2 km from your actual location.
- Charge your Pendant for few hours by attaching the magnetic charger to the back. You will notice it just snaps on.
- Press and hold the button (1) for a few seconds until you hear a voice say hello.
- Wait for about 1 minute until the red LED light (6) turns green. Your device will now be linked to the Emergency Angel network.
- Press and hold the button (1) in until your hear 3 beeps. Your signal is now sent to the system.
- You will be phoned on the device in a few minutes.
- The emergency contacts you specified will also get an SMS, please note the duration is dependent on the signal strength of your device and the emergency contact's device.
- Test your device often.
- Your GPS accuracy will be best outdoors. Test your device outdoors for the first time, the system will record your last GPS location.